31 October 2015

OCTOBER | ONCE IN A FULL MOON


We had our October half-term holiday at the end of this month which was much needed! We both ended up back on the beach which was a lovely way to relax away from sixth form...




RHIANNON
Beauty / This isn't technically a beauty product but I think it may have helped to clear up some of my acne and it's delicious too. Camomile tea is a herbal drink made from flowers - as the weather is gradually getting colder, this is lovely in the evening and makes me feel really relaxed! I researched some of the benefits and one of them was it having antibacterial properties as well as loads of others.
Music / This month I saw Swim Deep at Cambridge Junction and Circa Waves at O2 Academy Birmingham - both on the same weekend and both amazing live. Circa Waves had been planned for quite a while but Swim Deep was very spontaneous as I only found out I was going an hour before I had to leave as my friend had a spare ticket! Although they were really good, I definitely prefer their first album so I wish they played more songs from that. After that weekend, I had Circa Waves' album Young Chasers on repeat and discovered The Magic Gang who supported Swim Deep.
Film / Seeing as it’s Halloween this month, I thought I’d do a thriller type film. Shutter Island is one of the best movies in my opinion - it’s so cleverly done and I love a good plot twist. After I watched this the first time, I ended up rewatching it the day after as you miss so much it’s almost like watching a completely different movie. On Halloween, we met up with friends and watched The Conjuring which was good for a horror movie except I didn't find it very scary!
Life / October half-term holiday happened and I was so busy... I visited my cousin at Brunel University London for a few days and stayed over which was weird as it felt like I was already a student! My parents were on holiday in Charmouth in Dorset (close to where Broadchurch was filmed) and so I got the train down there for two days and enjoyed walking along the beach and coastline as well as exploring Lyme Regis. We had breakfast at The Bakery in Lyme Regis which was so yummy so if you're ever near then I'd recommend having a bite. We also went to a photographic art gallery before seeing the new James Bond film at Scott Cinemas. After that I left my parents behind and visited my brother in Coventry, browsed Fargo Village and then went home to catch up on my massive pile of work.

Charmouth Beach


ESME
Beauty / I have fallen back in love with the Maybelline Colour Tattoos, they are an amazing base for layering eyeshadow over the top. They recently released a few new shades and I picked up 'Creme de Nude' which is a matte yellow toned nude - perfect for my everyday makeup. I tend to have oily eyelids and my eyeshadow creases within the hour but I have found that using a primer, the colour tattoo and then powder shadows my makeup stays in place all day! We wrote a post a few months ago on our favourite shades, take a look here.
Music / Hello by Adele has been one of my favourites this month, I am so excited for her new album to be released next month! When I first heard the song on the radio I remembered my love for her music and ever since have been listening to her previous albums all the time.
TV / The other day I found out that Scream Queens was being shown on E4 so we can now watch it in the UK. I'm only one episode in so I'm not sure if I absolutely love it yet but I'm excited to watch the new episode on Monday.
Life / During the October half-term, I went to visit some family in Carmarthenshire in Wales. Every time we go to this incredible pub - Harry Watkins - for one of the best Sunny roasts I have ever had! On one of the days we walked along the coastline - which was extremely windy - and stopped for traditional fish & chips and a Joe's Ice Cream. My favourite part of Wales are the beaches, they are so quiet and calm (even in the blustery weather).

Read last months Once In A Full Moon post here and follow us on Spotify (esmerhiannon) to listen to our playlist.

No comments:

Post a Comment